lunes, 12 de abril de 2010

25 questions that provoke thought

What is it like to wake up every morning and pretend that you aren’t dying?
It's like waking up & living the day.
Do you believe in the death penalty? What if someone murdered your mother in cold blood? What if someone murdered a stranger’s mother, but saved your life the month before?
Yeah, I believe. I'd kill the murder & then commit suicide.
If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?
I still let her. I couldn't live without her (at times).
Would you rather be rich and paralyzed from the waist down or poor and able bodied?
Poor and able bodied.
What’s the most expensive gift you have ever received? Is it the best gift you have ever received?
Computer, or my education. My education is the best gift, definitely.
When was the last time you lied? Is it possible to lie without saying anything at all?
Recently. Yes it is.
Stealing is immoral, right? But what if stealing was the only way to feed a starving child?
Yes. There's always an alternative way.
If I gave you $20, what percentage would you –really– save? If I gave you $200,000, what percentage would you save? Should there be a difference?
I'd spend it in a week. I don't think I would save it, I'd invest it perhaps.
If someone could tell you the exact day and time that you are going to die, would you want them to tell you?
No.
If you found out you were going to die today, would you have any regrets? Would you be happy with the way you spent the last 24 hours of your life?
A lot. No.
What’s your single greatest moment of personal failure? Looking back on it now, did it make you weaker or stronger? What did you learn?
OOOOOH, I think it's a tie between two moments. Apparently made me stronger. "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger", right? I learnt I'm stronger than I thought.
Do the words ‘freedom’ and ‘liberty’ mean not being persecuted or discriminated against, or do they mean doing whatever you please?
‘liberty’ means not being persecuted; ‘freedom’ doing whatever you please. Don't ask why.
Have you ever discriminated against someone? Imagine that a street gang notorious for wearing purple shirts has robbed and murdered several hundred people in your town. If a man wearing a purple shirt just rang your doorbell, would you answer it?
I might, yes. I'd grab a knife first(?) Plus, there's a chance I won't answer the door. I don't answer it most of the time, unless I'm expecting someone.
Is it crazier to choose to be poor or to spend 40 years of your life hating 40 hours a week?
it's crazier to spend 40 years of your life hating 40 hours a week. Imagine how much hate you accumulate!
Do you ever feel like you don’t have enough time? How many hours a week do you spend watching TV, or playing video games, or…?
Hahaha, it happens. I spend like 5 hours (or less) at the computer, and like 4 watching TV. oh my, life wasted.
Do you ever celebrate the green lights?
Yes.
If you could be given another talent or ability, what would you want it to be? Have you ever –really– tried to perfect this ability in yourself?
Read minds. I tried for a little while, but I thought it was worthless.
No matter how bad things get, are you aware that someone always has it worse than you do?
Most of the time, then I think I have no right to complain & start being grateful.
When you help someone, do you ever think, “What’s in it for me?”
No. If I help, I help. And that's all.
Joy is found with simple awareness. What does your joy look like today?
It doesn't look like joy at all.
What’s the difference between ‘living’ and ‘existing?’
Living is doing something useful from your life. Existing is just being around wasting oxygen.
Are you willing to sacrifice the life of your child or lover to support a war?
Are you out of your mind?
Do you ask enough questions, or do you settle for what you know?
50-50. I mostly settle, but when I'm intrigued I do a lot of questions.
If you could do it all over again, would you change anything?
I'm not sure, if I change something it would affect the future.
If your life was a novel, what would be the title and how would your story end?
sickgirl: you think you know, but you have no idea. I don't know, I've never thought about a title. Neither the end of my story, cause it's still being written.

archivo.

info.

Mi foto
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Figured on, not figuring myself out.